Taking materials which contain elements of decay and abandonment, his sculptures articulate the inherent sense of growth that nature emits, while acknowledging the destructive cycle of nature and its ability engulf everything that is manmade.
He aims to confine the temporal nature of existence at a point where the stillness and intimate spaces and forms of his work can be translated through human experience.
Marc Messenger is an artist based in Cornwall, England. He is the recipient of the 2013 Midas Award and was recently selected to work as a graduate assistant to Mark Dion, helping to assemble Dion’s permanent installation The Maritime Artist at the Porthmeor Studios in St Ives.
– Solo Show, November 2014 Newlyn Art Gallery Cornwall
– ‘The Midas Award’, Nov 2013 Millennium Gallery, St Ives, Cornwall
– ‘Now Falmouth’, (Falmouth University BA(Hons) Fine Art Graduates) Sep 2013 Basement Gallery, Shoreditch Town Hall, London
– ‘Falmouth Fine Art London’, Group show, June 2013,The Dye House, London SE15
– Falmouth University BA(Hons) Fine Art Degree Show, June 2013
– The Midas Award, Winner, November 2013
– BA(Hons) Fine Art 2013 First Class Honours, Falmouth University
– UAL Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, 2010 Merit, Falmouth University